What is Couples Counselling?
Also called relationship therapy, this intervention is tailored to assist with any dyadic unit – from romantic partners to sibling duos.
Couples may enter therapy with the purpose of resolving conflict, working on relationship issues, or deepening and improving their connection. The focus of this kind of work is on the relationship and the concerns that arise from this relationship. Herein, no one party is singled out as holding or owning the problem.
The goal of this type of therapy is to improve relational patterns in various ways. This involves creating a dialogue, where the presenting concerns are located at their roots. Understanding the origin of the matters will assist couples in thinking differently about their troubles and ideally creating a new way of relating to each other.
Why consider Couples Counselling?
Couples may wish to attend relationship therapy for a number of reasons:
- Preparation for marriage or shared home environment
- Communication difficulties
- Intimacy issues
- Problems with trust
- Difficulties reaching agreements and compromises
- Infidelity or other ruptures in the relationship
- Dealing with difficulties that might arise for the couple (such as having difficult children, health concerns or financial strains)
What to expect
With couples counselling, sessions take place on a weekly basis (on the same day and time) and are 50 minutes in duration.
Get in touch with me – Fill the form at the bottom of the page, and let us set up your appointment!